Saturday 3 February 2018

Training January 2018 Good Month, ended not so good....

Coming back from the Brathay weekend I returned home feeling much more confidant than I had been on the drive up a few days before. Now I had met everyone and the team etc., I could visualise what the event would look like The only real difference would be our accommodation during the event, which would be shared rather than the luxury of the B&B we stayed in January. We were also asked to submit our race number request, and any room buddy preference. We quickly got the reply back from Aly, I hadn't got my first choice number unfortunately of number 10 (10in10 so seemed the obvious choice), however I was able to secure the number 17 which was my second choice, our wedding date in the Lakes in 2015.
I'd already started a strength and stretching routine following my research, however we now have a much more precise set of strength building exercises and stretches to do from Adam and Katie lead Physiotherapists we met over the weekend.

Following on from running the route in early Jan I have carried on doing a long run Sat morning 16 - 20, some flats and some with hills, followed by increasing my Sunday miles also, currently on 8 milers Sunday morning. I'm lucky I live near the Peak District so I've been able to throw in a particularly brutal route which takes in more climbing over 19 miles than the whole Windermere route does over 26.2 miles. Although I'm really not enjoying going out the day after the long run, so I need to focus on this.

I've entered some training events to keep me focused also.

Wrexham Marathon March 11th
Manchester Marathon April 8th
UK Boston Marathon April 15th
Blackpool Marathon April 22nd

I've had a few struggles which is to be expected, I suffer from something called Hallux Limitus in my right big toes joint (Google it) , which has been playing up a bit, I moved to wearing the Asics 19 trainers we were giving by the sponsors, the different fit really helps, plus some exercise and rock tape helped.

I've now got this bloody cold everyone seems to have, I went running the other night and my heart rate was off the chart, see the above data, a relatively steady run as well.  so I'm resting up, it's given me time to set this blog up....so every cloud



No comments:

Post a Comment