Sunday 13 May 2018

Day 3...its getting hotter


Before I started this event people kept asking me "what's the weather looking like?" , I always replied that it didn't really matter so long as it's not too warm............well, it's warm...

So this beginning to sound like ground hog day in terms of the morning arrangements, over to the lodge for breakfast for 6:30am, the usual huge bowel of porridge with a banana and honey poured over. Then a quick pack of the bags and retrieved my stuff out of the drying room and over for my first session of physio for the day.


Bit painful this morning, in particular with my right quads and left calf muscle which were both really painful under treatment. Michael my physic informed me my session after todays run would be difficult as he needed to go deeper on my quad and calf, so that was something nice to look forward to I thought...........



We set off again on the dot at 9:30am to great support, it was Keiths last day in the lakes today so I had a chat with Keith and thanked him for his support. I was running in a group initially with Paul, Malc , before Richard caught us up, it was nice to have a group to chat to, however they were running a bit faster than my planned 8 min 30 sec mile pace so I dropped back into my planned pace. It wasn't long however before Malc did similar, so on and off for much of the day I ran with Malc which was nice. As we got to about mile 15/16 Rich Rex also caught us up, again we formed a nice group and worked together for a few miles which really helped tick some miles off. The group fractured a bit as we got to the famous Ice Cream mountain and the heat was really picking up, it was great to see James and Laura here, had a quick chat before heading off and agreeing to meet them at the end. This helped give me a boost and I had a strong final run into Brathay for the final 6 miles.



It was good to get back, I arrived back in 3 hours 51 minutes which was pretty consistent with my two previous runs . James and Laura were their to great me which was nice, however Michael was keen to get me off to recovery at the soonest. So reluctantly said my goodbyes and headed to the spin bike to cool down, grabbed some food and had easily the most painful 2 hours I can remember on the physio table...... It really is quite draining having physio. I'll get a photo of physio tomorrow, keep forgetting as it's so bloody painful. Whatever he did though worked, and its a green light to go again tomorrow! :)



Went through the usual ordeal of making up my bottles for the boxes , sounds a pain but we honestly don't have to do much other than run the marathons, the support team is top drawer.

That's now 3 marathons in 3 days, I'm knackered , but still on track and no major issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment