Saturday 12 May 2018

Day 2

Woke up a little before my alarm today at 6:15, I'd had a much better nights sleep and arranged a later physio session this morning, with the plan being to get up, breakfast, physio and hit the road at 9:30.


That plan worked really well for me, I knew my Dad, Brother and Gemma were coming to see me so once we had our brief from Aly and Chris Heaton then given the green light to head to the start I headed off straight away, it was great to see them even though I've only been here a few days, it was a boost and lifted the sprits, Keith was also at the start again.

Once I given the go ahead I was off and feeling pretty good today, the sun was out so I was covered in sun cream with my cap on, but otherwise good running weather. I quickly settled into the same pace as yesterday 8 min 30's and stuck with this throughout, I could see one or Richard and Paul ahead gradually pulling away, but I strictly stuck to my pace.

After missing a few boxes yesterday and given the hot weather didn't want to miss any, so I had a word with my self about staying focused. Well..........in the distance as I ran into Hawkshead I could see my Friends Adam, Lisa and son Leo which was great, I could also make out a banner they had made, as I got closer I realised Sarah was there! Was really great to see her and the guys, I was having a good day so far. I didn't stop long but pressed on, I was happy to see them again a couple of times, and finally in Bowness . Check the Banner in the picture.



I started to struggle in the heat at about 20 and felt a bit crappy, although when I checked my Garmin I was actually running well, and ended up finishing in 3 hours 50 minutes, actually a couple of minutes quicker than yesterday. Other than having a few stomach problems, I felt pretty good today.



When I got back Michael my physio was waiting for me, no time to reflect or relax, straight into the recovery room and on the spinning bike for a cool down before another hour and a half or so of pain in the physio room.....Although I coped much better today, must be getting used to the daily suffer now.


Once showered , and I had sorted my bottles out for tomorrow I headed down for dinner, ate a bit more tonight as I was feeling a bit drained. All my supporters were heading over to Brathay Hall to meet me at 7:30pm, it was nice to see them and they brought me some Alcohol free beer which I had requested. Can't risk making this any harder than it already is, so no real beer for me.

And that is day 2! A good day overall , feeling tierd but a good bill of health from the team, 20 out and 20 back in today again which is also the main thing. Great team here, both of runners, physios and staff.



Another marathon in the morning, and another hot day on the cards.........

No comments:

Post a Comment