Monday 5 March 2018

It's a funny old game is running...........

Running is a funny old game, at times you feel indestructible, on fire, confident, then all of a sudden it feels like you are running in treacle. Everyone has their own way of dealing with this I guess, my plan is just keep running, eventually it comes back.

After a few weeks of watching other runners completing multiple marathons, some which will be running the 10 in 10 with me as part of Class of 2018 I'm slowly grinding back from a sustained period of treacle running.....recovering from illness but just finding it bloody hard work. This weekend I feel like I've finally smashed through a barrier, or out of the treacle as I imagine it. I tend not to react too well to too many days off running, I know again everyone is different, but I need to run most days to stay 'in form' so to speak, even if it's a short steady run, I've realised this is best for me. It might be a mental thing, but it works for me.

Had a good run over this weekend, ran into Manchester to avoid the worst of the snow which worked well, although on my way home I ran through pretty deep melting snow for the last 4 miles which was brutal, or character building as I like to call it. Nice to get some good miles in the bag as it's Wrexham Marathon this Sunday March 11th, I'll find our how much of a dent my layoff has put in my plans Sunday I guess, watch this space.

I'll be wearing my new T-Shirt courtesy of sponsors Acre Recruitment at Wrexham Marathon so look out for me any fellow runners!
So here we are now, 66 days at the time of writing until May 11th when I run my first of 10 Marathons around lake Windermere.
If March goes to plan should be a good month of training, with Wrexham Marathon , plus I am running the Windermere route twice over the weekend of 24th/25th as me and Sarah are having a weekend in the lakes for her Birthday, staying at Brathay none the less. (she puts up with a lot...)

Finally, fundraising is at almost £1700, so I am really pleased with that, we have a charity night planned for anyone who can make it also in my local town of Hyde over the Easter Weekend.
Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment