Sunday 6 May 2018

Taper Tantrums


I hate tapering ....... tapering is essentially resting before an event, I've not done it this year so far, in the build up to marathons I've just carried on running, and after the event....well...just carried on running. It's helped me get used to running on tired legs, something I'll be familiar with a week from now. The good thing about this however is I've kept running which just helps me, in every way, I feel better after running and more settled, I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof as I wait around and rest prior to Friday, I really just want to get up there now before anything goes wrong. Well it really isn't that long now....

So what I'm I doing with myself during the dreaded taper time?, giving myself a scare in part. Last night I moved a washing basket and I felt a really sharp pain in my back, it didn't go away, I spent the rest of the night with a hot water bottle behind my back, and taking anti inflammatory pain killers, went to bed really worried. Feels much better today, can still feel it a bit but no problems, maybe I'm just having a bout of phantom injuries or over worrying.


I've also hit my fundraising target last week, this is such a huge relief to me and feels like a huge confidence booster ahead of the event. When I first started out on this journey last year I didn't really know where my first £50 was coming from, I drew up some fundraising plans as part of my 10 in 10 application, but that's all they were .....plans, I've no experience in fundraising really. I really can't believe I sit here a few days out from my challenge with my total raised at £3020!! Sarah has been brilliant with this, especially with the two events we ran, Curry night and Charity Night at the Queens pub (Huge thanks to Maha and the Queens Hotel). I'm not sure I could have organised these without Sarahs help. And also all my friends, family and colleagues either through Facebook or in person, donations of gifts and money it really is humbling, and I can't thank everyone enough. I was £318 short as of Friday, when a company I work with in my role heard of my challenge and immediately donated £318 to my page allowing me to hit my target, huge thanks to Katie and Nick at Assured Safety! I'm still keen to keep going with the fundraising , Brathay is in my heart now, it really is an amazing place and charity.


I've also starting making lists of things I need to take, and even packed stuff, which is very organised for me, Its amazing how much stuff you need to run 10 marathons.....

I guess that's me, am I ready, who knows, but I'll be giving this my best I promise you that, it's really going to hurt and test my emotions. But this has been such a journey and I've not even started yet. I'll be updating my blog daily from Thursday, if I can work it out I'll be adding some videos also . So if you want to see how I'm getting on stay tuned. I know a few folk are heading up to see me also, which means so much, so thanks for that also.

Just a couple of light runs this week, and I head up Thursday.....lets do it

I hate tapering...........


No comments:

Post a Comment