Thursday 10 May 2018

When we arrived 10in10 eve


Long day today, woke up really early this morning, in the main due to nerves I guess. I'd arranged to pick up Diane (another 10 in 10  runner) from Manchester Piccadilly, although not until about 12:30 so I had plenty of time to unpack my bags, repack pack them and pack them again, along with pacing up and down wondering if I've forgotten anything.........




Diane's train broke down on the way so we were delayed a little, however on arrival at Brathay we were greeted by the majority of the other 10 in 10 runners already sorting out their kit and drinks for the morning. Aly quickly came over and showed us the ropes, showed me where my kit was and number etc, where to prep up my drinks bottles etc.


I'm not going to bang on too much tonight, as the nerves seem to have tired me out today, but it's great to be here. Hearing Joss Naylors speech at Dinner (Google this man, legend). It really made me realise how special this event is, it's huge , massive, and I'm part of it, I really want to be more than that.....I want to be in the hall of fame of runners who've completed it, I want to do it for personal pride, for my friends and family who've supported me, for everyone who's donated and of course for all the amazing people at the trust, especially this year, I really want to complete it..

 
 
So this is it, 10 in 10 eve..........
 
In the morning we go to work, I'll update again tomorrow , sorry it's short but my head is a bit scrambled.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment